Apr - Sep 2019
Software Engineer Intern
- Completely rewrote the frontend of Flightdeck (a web application for Kubernetes training) to Elm best practices, facilitating and subsequently supporting the onboarding of a new frontend engineer.
- Contributed to Cert-Manager, the open source Kubernetes project for managing TLS certificates, becoming the 5th top contributor at the time.
- Co-led the design and implementation of Aerodrome, a platform for the provisioning of arbitrary environments to play Flightdeck training scenarios upon, using Kubernetes controllers and making thorough use of Docker and Google Cloud.
- Participated in bi-weekly sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and daily stand-ups, gaining industrial experience of Agile development.
Jul - Sep 2018
- Connected together several pieces of sensor hardware with several computer vision libraries to develop a single C++ library with which to track the real time movements of a person.
16th - 20th Feb 2015
- With no prior knowledge of programming, built a C# user interface connected to a MySQL database for the booking of laboratory equipment.
- Performed interviews and requirements engineering to determine needs of the client.
- Received Industrial Cadets Silver Award after presentation to an audience.